C | Amy Haddow | V
I possess over 12 years’ experience in creating topical, engaging, targeted and optimised content for clients in various industries.
Alongside content management, I also have 12 years’ experience in delivering SEO support , digital marketing support and strategic online and offline marketing solutions for both SMEs and large corporates.
Areas of core writing expertise include: business services and management, construction and property development, retail / ecommerce, wedding and events industries, recruitment (within this area: healthcare, education, office staffing, finance) and charities / voluntary sector.
My English Literature degree and inbound marketing experience supports a content driven focus, whilst my CIM Diploma has provided me with the theoretical knowledge needed to drive sales, increase customer retention and improve internal/external engagement.
Awarded 2:1 English Literature degree, CIM Diploma and Professional Certificate in Photography.
Key skills include: ideation, research, audience profiling, creative content writing, website content writing, editing, proofreading, multi channel targeting and dissemination; SEO and digital marketing; website development; photography.
Freelance content writer, photographer, SEO and digital marketing consultant
Datum Point Construction
April 2017 – present
Freelance content writer, SEO and digital marketing consultant
April 2017 – present
Freelance website manager
April 2017 – present
April 2017 – present
Content & SEO Manager
August 2015 – April 2017
As Savoo’s resident writer and editor, primary responsibilities included:
- Production and management of a fully integrated content plan and calendar
- Production and distribution of high quality topical, engaging and shareable optimised content
- To increase brand awareness, site traffic and conversions through SEO, PR and Content Marketing
Content Development Manager
March 2014 – August 2015
- To manage and produce a bespoke content programme (under the overarching UK content strategy) for each specialist Randstad business line across their online and offline platforms with particular focus on websites and email marketing.
- To lead the production and delivery of high-quality, niche content that promotes each of Randstad’s specialist business lines to our clients and candidates; driving engagement, acquisition and retention in line with our overarching UK brand value requirements.
Freelance Marketing Consultant
December 2013 – March 2014
Providing outsourced marketing services to two SME’s. Activities include:
- Formulation of top level marketing plan, divisional mini plans and tactical activity plans
- Website refresh including responsive design, content, SEO and UX
- Sales content
- Creating and curating targeted content across multiple channels and platforms
Group Head of Marketing & Communications
Cobia and Tarpon
September 2013 – December 2013 Capability Green, Luton
- Develop and implement marketing plans for both brands in line with corporate objectives
- Work with Heads of Departments to identify new opportunities and generate/nurture leads
- PPC management including refreshing Ad Groups through regular keyword research and in line with campaign specific goals. Working with agency on retargeting campaigns and bespoke GA dashboards
- SEO content management for company and client sites – consultant approach to advising best practice re blogging, frequency, style and distribution
- Produce internal reports to demonstrate the impact of marketing activities and measure ROI
- Developing websites and social media communications – plan, manage and measure
- Event organisation, management and promotion
- Plan and implement targeted and integrated marketing campaigns using e-marketing, DM, social media, content marketing, webinars and events, telephone and face to face
- Budget management
November 2012 – June 2013 Bermondsey Street, London
Language Connect delivers language translation services to national and international businesses across multiple sectors, including marketing, legal and healthcare.
- Creation of new SEO web content for site: http://www.languageconnect.net/blog/ which increased traffic by 32% within 1 month of launch. Continuous AB testing ensures we remain competitive on SERP’s and increases time on site
- Basic HTML & WordPress site build knowledge
- Writing/editing/proofing engaging, localized and search engine optimised copy for newsletters, e-marketing, adverts, whitepapers, articles, direct mail, case studies, website, blog and press releases
- Detailed keyword research and GA dashboard reports to analyse user activity and improve UX
- Creation, implementation and management of marketing/content/online strategies
- Creation of style guides/brand guidelines
- PPC campaign management including refreshing Ad Groups through regular keyword research and setting campaign specific goals
- Management of social media content/online engagement plan e.g. engagement with industry leaders, creating debate over topical issues, content curation as well as creation and visibility across multiple channels and communities of interest
- Tender management
Divisional Marketing Executive
Blue Arrow – Impellam
September 2010 – November 2012 (2 years 3 months) London Liverpool Street
- Website management – design, content, development and updates in line with brand refresh
- Client & internal newsletter – creation, copywriting, distribution, ROI and Adobe InDesign
- PR – writing and distributing press releases, and managing press relations
- Creation and execution of online/offline B2B and B2C acquisition and retention campaigns
- Online advertising – targeted e-marketing (e.g. internal campaigns to drive employees to use intranet, engagement competitions, case studies and candidate profile mailers) podcasts (interview scenarios and best practice advice for candidates), PPC
- Social media management
- Training – presenting to new starters in Orientation seminars
- Planning, research and budget management
- Brand management including managing regional brand champions to monitor communications and ensure consistency
- Event management
- Surveys – client/candidate/internal focused – creation, reporting, presenting
- Manage supplier relationships and POS
Churchill Knight & Associates Ltd
September 2008 – September 2010 (2 years 1 month) Potters Bar
June 2008 – August 2008 (3 months) Ware, Hertfordshire
The Sunday Times
|2015||London Metropolitan University||CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing||Completed|
|2010||London Metropolitan University||CIM Professional Certificate in Marketing||Distinction|
|2005 – 2008||University of Kent, Canterbury||BA (Hons.) English and American Literature||2:1|
|2003 – 2005||The Broxbourne School, Hertfordshire||A-Levels||Media Studies BEnglish Literature ABiology BGeneral Studies B|
References can be supplied upon request.